We work hard to make your work easier.
It’s been nearly a year since we began working on the new version of Vertabase and we are very excited to release it. We believe the new Vertabase 5.5 elevates project management software to a new level of efficiency and ease.
While developing Vertabase 5.5 we had three clear objectives:
- Faster project creation
- Schedule enhancements
- Document management improvements
To achieve these goals, we paid close attention to user feedback and immersed ourselves in your daily workflow. When it comes to productivity, we understand the little things matter as much as the big things. The magic mix of Vertabase 5.5 includes both big and small updates with one shared objective – making project management software that allows you to do what you do, only better.
Introducing smart search
Some people are blessed with a perfect memory. They can name each and every schedule their team has worked on in the past month. For most of us though, keeping a handle on the big picture makes it impossible to memorize every detail. Vertabase 5.5 is here to help. We’ve put a lot of effort in building an incredibly smart search engine to intuitively auto-complete from your projects. A perfect memory is no longer a necessity. If you can remember a keyword, you can find what you’re looking for. Fast.
For most teams, email is the main means of communication. To further streamline your process, task due reminders can now be sent automatically. These alert messages are sent in advance of approaching due dates. Designed to eliminate stress, they bring Vertabase’s collaborative workflow to the inbox. Start using this powerful weapon against delayed assignments and missed deadlines today.
Lightning Fast Project Creation
It is our aim to create a useful balance between your needs and your habits. With that in mind we empower you to quickly copy active and past projects, with or without schedules. This tool allows you to use basic or complete project information to create new projects. We’ve created an easy walkthrough of the new feature for your convenience.
Move with Confidence
To make your project management more streamlined, we rethought the process of document management. With multiple people updating and changing a document, many versions are commonplace. This can make moving documents from a source folder into another folder cumbersome. No more! Now when you move a document, all previous versions automatically move with it. The seamless integration also ensures duplicate files are merged, eliminating clutter. We at Vertabase are honored you trust us with your project management. We are committed to improving your day-to-day tasks with exciting productivity features outlined below:
Improved Project Schedule Re-use
We understand that sometimes every second counts. With this update you can set up a new project schedule nearly instantly using a Vertabase template. This new template feature will save you valuable time on your next Vertabase project. A video example can be seen here. Take it for a spin today!
• Re-organized import and export functions
• Use default or user-defined file names for MS Project and MS Excel export files
• Copy, store, and reuse schedules using Vertabase Templates
• Use default or user-defined names for Vertabase Templates
• Share templates with other Vertabase users
• Copy-paste functionality: The most recently exported Vertabase Template is available by default as the next Vertabase Template for import into any schedule
• Vertabase Template management functions
• Auto-complete search feature facilitates finding templates
• Share, rename and delete templates easily from the Vertabase Template dialog box
• Auto-complete search, rename, and delete functions for the Scratch Pad now available from the View Tasks page
• Edit task completion dates to reflect accurate task information
• New Task Due email notification sends alerts in advance of approaching task due dates
• Descriptive error messages help resolve task number problems with Excel schedule import files.
When import problems are encountered, an ImportErrors.txt file will be available for download. The file outlines where to find the problem and suggests how to resolve it.
Start Projects Faster
• Quickly copy active and warehoused projects with new Copy function
• Copy projects with or without schedules
• Re-use basic project information by copying the View Project page only
• Re-use more complete project information by copying the View Project page and the project schedule
Improved Document Management
• Moving documents from one folder (the source) to another (the destination) moves all previous versions of the source document to the destination folder
• Moved document versions are merged with existing versions when the destination folder contains a document with the same file name as the source folder
• More refined filtering of Global Task Reports. Tasks can be filtered based on whether they were completed on time or completed late.