Vertabase makes it easy for companies to use and adopt project management in their workplace.
SOUTHFIELD, MI, June 2, 2011 – Vertabase today officially launched Vertabase 5.0 – the latest version of its award winning project management software.
The main theme of the release is to streamline workflow to match the changing way people work.
Do what you do, only better!
Vertabase 5.0 helps people get the benefits of working in a project environment without forcing unwanted change in the way people do their work. The project management software offers new ways to create project information, receive project information, work on project tasks and see reports on projects.
Vertabase 5.0 delivers an intuitive project management tool for users of all technical and project management backgrounds. It allows organizations to accelerate the use of project management or improve the way they are already doing things. Vertabase 5.0 is the 10th major release over the last 12 years of the product’s life and represents one of the most significant new releases in the last five years.
New features include:
- The Task Scratch Pad allows project managers and team members to quickly create task lists with a handy web widget using minimal information. It is great for brainstorming or keeping a running tab of tasks.
- Drag and Drop Documents directly from your desktop without having to open your web-browser.
- The Daily To-Do Email is a consolidated daily email that has everything on your plate in one place. Makes it easy to keep on top of your work right from your email –whether at your desk or your mobile. It’s a portable task list of schedule related tasks wherever you go.
- Reply Via Email allows you to keep issue discussions going without having to open a browser. Whether at your desk or your mobile, keep conversations moving forward while having the software automatically updated just by replying to the email.
- Enhanced Reports with more cross-report information, enhanced search criteria and greater customization on how project report templates are displayed.
- Document Approval Workflow is a formalized process for submitting a document for approval, going through the review and comments cycle, and then locking-down approved documents.
- Interface Enhancements are a continuation of our drive to make Vertabase the easy to use project management system. We’ve implemented the latest and most successful trends in user interface design.
Vertabase 5.0 uses research from the University of Michigan School of Information and the latest interactive technologies to deliver a uniquely easy to use project management software experience. These technologies include Adobe ColdFusion, Adobe AIR, JQUERY, AJAX and a Microsoft SQL database. Vertabase project management software works on Windows and MAC, as well as multiple mobile platforms. It is available as Software as a Service (online project management) or installed on customers’ servers.